Fiero Long Term Maintenance Schedule
Date Of Date Of
Area Of Service Suggested Service Frequency Last Service Next Service
Perform the following at least once a year:
· Preserve all rubber/plastic suspension components and weather-stripping with conditioner.
· Check the crossover coolant tube on the V-6 engines for corrosion .
· Preserve all leather (seats, steering wheel, shift knobs) with leather conditioner.
· Lubricate parking brake cables and contact points.
· Check coolant tube support brackets for corrosion.
· Check clear coat on wheels for nicks or chips.
· Lubricate ball joints and tie rod ends.
· Check pickup coil on V-6 engines for deterioration.
· Check coolant hoses and fan belts for damage or deterioration.
· Lubricate all locks and hinges.
· Lubricate transmission shifting cable ends - manual and automatic.
· Lubricate accelerator cable ends.
· Rotate tires and check for dry rot.
· Check to make sure thermostat opens and closed correctly - lack of use causes them to stick open or
· shut in some cases.
· Check distributor cap and rotor for corrosion.
· Lubricate clutch and brake pedal actuator rods.
· Check transmission fluid level.
· Lubricate the clutch release shaft where it enters the transmission housing-manual transmission.
· Inspect the air filter.
· Inspect battery tray for corrosion - clean as necessary.
· Check steering rack for looseness and corrosion.
· Inspect trunk, front frame supports, suspension supports and undercarriage for corrosion and rust.